Mary Jane Fait
Mary Jane Fait is an experienced plaintiff’s class action attorney specializing in complex business litigation, such as the consumer fraud, antitrust, securities, banking and insurance areas of law. She has served as lead co-counsel and successfully handled all phases of litigation including class certification, settlement, and trial and appellate work, which resulted in millions of dollars of recoveries on behalf of aggrieved businesses and consumers.
Prior to joining Zigler Law Group, LLC, Mary Jane was a partner in two law firms that specialized in large plaintiffs’ class actions. Representative matters handled included:
· Co-Lead Counsel: In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation, No. M 02-1486 (N.D. Cal.)- $325M settlement
· Co-Lead Counsel: McDonough v Babies R Us, No. 06 cv 0242 (E.D. Pa.)- $32.5 M. settlement-groundbreaking case for resale price maintenance after Leegin Creative Leather Products Inc v. PSKS, Inc., 561 U.S. 877 (2007)
· Co-Lead Counsel: Dairy Farmers of America Inc. Cheese Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2031 (N.D. Ill.) $46 M settlement
· Co-Lead Counsel for Consumer Class: In re Vytorin/Zetia Marketing, Sales Practices Product Liability Litigation, 08 cv 285 (D.N.J.)
· Co-Lead Counsel: The Shane Group, Inc.,et al v. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, 2:10-cv-14360 (E.D. Mich.), $29.9 M settlement
· Co-Lead Counsel: In re Text Messaging Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1997 (N.D. Ill.)
· Co-Lead Counsel: Messner v NorthShore Hospital (In re Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Corp., No. 07-4446 (N.D. Ill.)
· Co-Counsel: In re Packaged Ice Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1952 (E.D. Mich.) $26.5 M settlement
· Co-Counsel with multi-national corporation client: In re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation, M.D.L. 1536 (D.D.C.)
· In re Air Cargo Shipping Antitrust Litigation, No. 06-MD-1775 (E.D.N.Y.) $1.2 B settlement
· Co-Counsel: In re Cathode Ray Tube Antitrust Litigation, No. 07-C-5944 (N.D. Cal.) ($225M settlement)
· Co-Counsel: In Re Relafen Antitrust Litigation, No. 01-12239 (D. Mass.) $175 M settlement
· Co-Lead Counsel: In Re Microstrategy Securities Litigation, (E.D. Va.) $160M settlement.
· Co-Lead Counsel: In re Brand Name Prescription Drug Antitrust Litigation, MDL 940 (N.D. Ill.) $715 M settlement
· Co-Lead Counsel: In Re Infant Formula Antitrust Litigation, $126M settlement
· Co-Counsel: In Re Flat Glass Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1200 (W.D. Pa.) $61.7M settlement
Mary Jane is admitted to the New York and Illinois Bars, and admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Second, Third, Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits, the Northern District of Illinois, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Western District of Texas, and the Eastern District of Michigan. She is also a member of the Federal Trial Bar.
Mary Jane has a B.A. in Economics from the University of Illinois and a J.D. degree from Cornell Law School.